Professor Gikas Hardouvelis presentation as a speaker on LIFE CHANGING IDEAS 2020-2021,CIRCLES WITH BUSINESS LEADERS,on March 4th 2021.
This Round Table Online Event with the title “The Next Five Years: Banking Crisis or an Opportunity?”, was moderated by Mr. Haris Georgiadis, former Minister of Finance of the Republic of Cyprus, followed by a focused discussion with business leaders and policy makers.The event was oganized by the Hellenic Bank in Association with Global Training and the University of Nicosia. Professor Hardouvelis’ speech focused on issues related to the current crisis affecting banks in Europe, Greece and Cyprus, as well as the challenges and opportunities that the next five years bring to financial sector, such as:
- Non-performing exposures, moratoria, cliff effect
- Economy, business loan needs
- Digital transformation and competition
- Banking supervision and capital adequacy
- Monetary policy, deposit and loan interest rates
His presentation on “The Post Pandemic Economic & Financial Landascape in Cyprus” is available below: